Wednesday, 18 May 2016

'DRIVE IT' DAY - at AVRO HERITAGE MUSEUM, WOODFORD

Oh yes, another post. Apologies in advance for all the aircraft pictures but this seems to be the main source of interest at the moment. I don't have much time for cycling as I am at my Mum's every other day with the odd time that it's every day and I don't really have such an exciting life that there's anything much to tell people about.

Every year in Spring there is a classic car event "Drive it" Day where everyone who has a classic car is encouraged to - well, drive it. In advance I had a Facebook post saying that a couple of car clubs were going to be at Woodford displaying their cars. Thoughts going through my head were, we might have the opportunity to have a photo shot of our car in front of XM603.

We arrived before opening time and sure as sure, my contact asked if we wanted that. Of course we did and tootled off to park ours in place. Here are a couple of photos.




It would be amazing to pilot this wonderful plane



This is where it all began, maybe. I hope this building doesn't get demolished


So, that's all for now, this will give me time to catch up and read some of your blogs, as I'm sadly failing in this at the moment as I've been painting over the last few weeks, it's a bit job as one bit leads into another bit and I'm definitely not stressing myself about it with so many more important things to worry about.

Bye for now, until next time.



5 comments:

  1. Hi Anne Marie – or should that be Delta Wing?

    Thanks so much for your visit and comments, I enjoyed reading them and no, there is no way Terry would wear the flowery flares!

    These are amazing photos! I love the first one and the one of you in the plane.

    I know what you mean about not having time to blog, I always start stressing about now thinking I don’t have anything ready for the next week. Hopefully, something will come to me but if not, I will take a week off. The thing is we don’t have to blog we do it because we enjoy it so there really is no need to stress – but I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barbara, thank you for your nice comments. It is hard catching up with life! You seem to have such a lot to write about, literary wise and I bow to your extreme knowledge. I don't know whether I mentioned it but Charlie from the Museum took a photo of me with our Stag and it might be going in the Owners magazine! If it does, I'll post it!

      Delete
  2. It is very nice of you to say so Anne Marie, but I'm not sure I ever had an extreme knowledge, and if I did I've certainly lost it now! :) I hope the photo is published, I will look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for June's Stag magazine Barbara, just like a child. I will certainly take a photo of it and post it. You appear to have had two copies of the above comment, so I've deleted one. There was a holding of the breath when I had done it, hoping I'd not deleted both of them.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete